MMHA Service Training Apprenticeship (MMHASTA)
Where careers begin.
The MMHA Service Training Apprenticeship (MMHASTA) has been created to train individuals to work in the multi-housing industry as service team professionals. Students learn basic carpentry, electrical, appliance repairs, plumbing, HVAC, and more.
MMHASTA’s goals are:
- To offer vocational training to those most in need, including but not limited to non-college bound high school students, veterans, and those individuals who desire a meaningful career change.
- To provide a system of training and retraining for the Maryland and Baltimore prospective and current workforce.
- To recruit and provide vocational training to those individuals desiring to become part of the rental housing industry.
- To rapidly place those now trained individuals into careers. This is what differentiates MMHASTA from other vocational training; namely, MMHASTA is confident that a very high percentage of our trainees will get well-paying jobs with very good benefits.
- Train 52 people per year at no cost to the student.
Students of MMHASTA must be prepared to spend 3 months in school including apprenticeship. Students must be able to pass a criminal background screening, a drug screening, and have access to a vehicle to use for work. Once accepted, students will attend class from 8:30am to 5:00pm with a ½ hour for lunch for two months. The day is designed to model a typical working experience in the industry. Students, therefore, will wear uniforms provided by MMHASTA. In addition, MMHASTA will supply all of the physical tools (such as hammers, screw drivers, etc.) needed to effectively enter the workforce. Each student will be placed in a 20 day, one month, Apprenticeship at an MMHA member apartment community with the goal of providing a real world work and training experience in the rental housing industry that leads to full time job placement.
2024 Academy Start Dates:
Do you know someone that would be a good candidate for this program?
If so, please contact:
MMHA Executive Director, Adam Skolnik at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Service Training Dennis Allen at email@example.com,
Workplace Development Associate, Christina Marcelo at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 410-825-6868