Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) - Virtual Class
Certified Apartment Leasing Professional
Formerly known as NALP
Begins on May 19th and is held on consecutive Wednesdays through June 9th
This class will be held virtually
Leasing professionals are the first people prospective residents meet, and often their only gauge of the property staff. This course is designed to teach these professionals skills to help them become top producers.
This class will be offered via ebook. All students must bring their own device. When registering, it is imperative that we have your email address in order to send you the link to download the manual. You will be sent the link for download within a week of class. You can use the manual on up to 3 devices.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Measuring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Researching the competition and building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Creating effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales processes and evaluating your personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Preparing prospects for the next steps in the rental process
- Applying fair housing law and communicating rental criteri
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- Move-in processes
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
CALP Requirements: Must have worked in the apartment industry for at least six months (this can be obtained while taking the course); successfully completed the eight courses listed above (which total 25 hours) and meet all examination requirements within 6 months of declaring candidacy for CALP.
Instructed by: Heather Palmer
Heather Palmer, Director of Marketing and Training for David S.
Brown Enterprises, has over 20 years of real estate experience and
has served the property management industry for 14 years. She is
a known influencer and has been a professional speaker at various
industry conferences and events on topics such as Training and
Development, Marketing, Sales, Relationship Building, and Multifamily Operations. She is a member of the NAAEI Faculty and proudly serves on the education committee at MMHA.
Thank you to our Education Sponsor!